Transportation for your wedding is probably going to be the least expensive cost for your wedding but can cause you the most headaches. Arriving late or not at all can put your special day off to a bad start or end.
You should take as much time picking out a reputable transportation company as you did in deciding what other vendors or products you are going to use. Taking the stress out of one of the most important days of your life is our goal. Barbara White of VIP Transportation Group shares some great tips on choosing the right wedding transportation for you.
What are some things to think about when choosing a wedding transportation company?
- Do they specialize in weddings?
- Getting a referral from your wedding planner, DJ, venue or other vendors
- Company’s reputation
- Check out the company’s web site
- Check out the company’s feedback on wedding web sites
- Do they carry commercial insurance?
- How are the chauffeurs dressed?
- Do they have chauffeurs or drivers?
- Do they give you a written contract?
- What is their cancellation policy?
- Will they charge you for changes?
- Can you visit their office and view the vehicles?
- What is the age of their vehicles?
- Do they own their own vehicles?
- Do they have an on-time guarantee?
- Can you speak to a live person 24/7 in case of an emergency?
How far ahead should I book my wedding transportation?
If you want a vintage or specialty vehicle, you’ll have to book 9-12 months out. For a more standard vehicle, 3-6 months out should be fine.
What is included in your wedding transportation package?
You always get a trained chauffeur (not a “driver”) who wears a suit, cap, and gloves. Plus, we roll out the red carpet from the church or venue.
Alcohol: In a vehicle with a partition such as a stretch limousine, alcohol is permitted, but we cannot supply it as we do not have a liquor license. We do add a complimentary bottle of champagne to all limousines for the bride and groom. All limousines will also have complimentary bottled water and ice.
Just married signs: We can place these on any vehicle that has a magnetic trunk (vintage vehicles do not have a magnetic trunk).
Ribbons: We put ribbons on most vehicles from the hood ornament to the wing mirrors.
All vehicles from a sedan to a bus without a partition: Per Florida Law, there is no smoking or alcohol allowed and we do not allow food. All alcohol and food must be put in a container and placed in the truck of the vehicle before the chauffeur can proceed.
Do you give discounts on your wedding transportation packages?
We do not discount our prices. We offer one of the newest fleets in the area at a fair competitive price. It is your special day, so having a qualified chauffeur, on-time service, and clean fleet should be more important than getting a discount. We do not discount as we do not want to compromise the service or quality of vehicles.
Do you do one-way rentals? Or have a minimum time-frame for rentals?
We do one-way transfers but each wedding is different. Once we know what your needs are, we can recommend the most cost-effective way to handle your wedding transportation.
Is it recommended to provide a shuttle service for the guests?
If you are providing alcohol at your wedding, having a shuttle service limits your liability for guests who want to drink and drive.
VIP Wedding Transportation has been providing service in the Orlando area for over 14 years and currently provides service for approximately 700+ weddings a year. We provide transportation for intimate weddings, destination weddings, vow renewals, and local residents. Many of our brides are referred to us by their wedding planner, previous customer, or other vendors they are using.
Here are some questions you will be asked when preparing a contract with a wedding transportation company:
- When are you getting married?
- Bride’s name and cell phone number
- Groom’s name and cell phone number
- Pickup time and location?
- Church or Venue?
- Reception location?
- Do you need an end-of-the-night getaway vehicle? If so, what is the pickup time and destination?
- Who is your wedding planner or day of contact with a cell phone number? When working with a wedding planner, we keep them in the loop and advise them the day before the name and number of the chauffeur as well as an emergency contact number. We also give the chauffeur the name and number of the wedding planner or contact in case of questions once they are on the job.
Your wedding should be the day of your dreams and it is our goal to take the stress and worry out of the transportation segment. VIP Wedding Transportation is here to answer your questions, make recommendations, provide a written contract which outlines what you want and what we promise, provide a trained chauffeur, provide clean and newest model vehicles, and to be on time to make your day special and stress-free.
Leave a comment