When we tried to think of unexpected gifts to add to your wedding registry, we reached out to Leila Amber, home improvement and interior design enthusiast and a Content Director at KnotHome.
One of the most fun parts of planning a wedding is putting up your registry list. Receiving gifts isn’t just a tradition. It’s also a great way for dear friends and loved ones to help you settle into a new chapter of your life. There are no hard rules when it comes to choosing items for your wedding registry, but you definitely want to pick those that can make your home life a lot easier, especially since you’re still adjusting to your life as a married couple.
Here are some uniquely useful and unexpected gifts to add to your wedding registry:
Whether or not either of you loves to cook, kitchen tools and equipment are always worth adding to your registry list. However, make sure not to put the burden on your guests by making them shop for your basic cooking equipment. A few, inexpensive additions will do. Think of items you’ve always wanted but won’t prioritize buying, such as:
- Bar Cart – the first few days or weeks of your married life warrant a celebration. Make those date nights at home more special with a portable bar cart that you can take anywhere around your house.
- Wine Rack – if you love collecting wine, this is a great item to add to your list. There are sleek, inexpensive wine racks that you can simply mount on your wall or place on top of your kitchen counter.
- Placemats/Coasters – Handmade placemats are some of the most popular gift items today. Consider personalized placemats and coasters where you can have your name or initials printed on top, or even your most favorite wedding photo!
- Personalized Whiskey Glasses & Decanters – They don’t just make beautiful decorations in your kitchen or home bar, but they also make a handy tool whenever you want to enjoy a drink or two. Go for personalized glasses and decanters that come with free engraving.
- Personalized flasks – Engraved flasks make classic personalized gifts for all occasions. Choose a stainless steel flask so it’s sure to last a lifetime.
- Wine subscription – If you regularly enjoy a glass of wine, you may as well allow your guests to gift you a wine subscription. There’s a subscription package for just about every wine lover, from natural wine to sparkling wine, red wine, etc. They also often come with extra goodies like cheese pairings, biscuits, and jerky.
Whether you’re both moving to your place, your new spouse’s place, or a new home together, you need some decorations to liven up your space.
- Cushion covers – Cushions add to the magic of love and they make every home so inviting and cozy. Get yourself some personalized cushion covers. They come in a myriad of designs and colors too.
- A coffee table book – A good coffee table book is filled with stunning images. Make sure to choose something that resonates with your interests or hobbies.
- Quilts – Bed quilts offer year-round benefits. tIn the summer months, use a lighter quilt instead of a duvet, and in the winter, layer your comforter with a quilt for added warmth and comfort.
- Outdoor Coffee Mug – After you’ve brewed that perfect cup of coffee, you want it to stay hot and great-tasting even if you have to take it on your commute to work. Go for a twinning husband-wife set of travel mugs.
- Table lamps – A uniquely designed desk lamp is a must-have in a modern home. It’s also very useful especially if you work from home.
- Floor lamps – Floor lamps produce more ambient light, which can transform the dimmest corner of a room into the most inviting space to read, relax, or even work.
Planning a wedding is fun but it can be stressful too. Give yourselves a break and indulge in these simple gifts that will surely make your married life memorable:
- Travel Gift Cards – If you’re going on a honeymoon, you’ll find these extremely helpful. A travel gift card can be used for many purposes from a few nights at a hotel to free meals at a restaurant, and even language classes.
- Suitcase Set – When was the last time you bought yourself a suitcase set? Maybe you need an upgrade now that you’re traveling with your spouse.
- Adventure Gear – If you love camping or hiking, consider adding items like a sleeping bag, rain gear, an outdoor cooking stove, etc.
- Hammock – Whether you’re camping in your backyard or at a remote outdoor spot, a hammock ensures you have a good night’s sleep.
- Spa Treatment – It’s time to pamper yourselves after the sleepless nights preparing for your wedding.
- Workout Classes – A couple that works out together stays forever. Start your marriage right by getting into a healthier physique. A gym membership is a great way to do that.
- A few months on Movie Pass – with this gift, there won’t be dull weekends anymore. You will also have every reason for a date night.
- Language class – If you plan to relocate to another country or go there for a quick vacation, you will benefit from signing up for a language class.
- A little something for pets – Okay, don’t forget to have something for your fur babies. After all, they’re part of your family too!
Your wedding registry doesn’t have to be the same old boring list. These suggestions are a great way to make your new life as a married couple more fun, comfortable, and memorable. The best thing is, most of them aren’t expensive so your guests will surely have fun picking gifts for you.